Project DRAGON-S Outreach Event #2 - Register now!
June 16, 2022
The next Project DRAGON-S Outreach Event, ‘Placing Children’s Voices at the Heart of Technology-Enabled Support’ is happening on Thursday 30th June 2022. You can still register for the event on Eventbrite.
The event will launch two key elements of Project DRAGON-S
- The 'What's in a word' digital animation, which explains how online grooming works as a form of communicative manipulation.
- The recommendations from our Lived Experience Expert Group, who have been working with the project to ensure the voices of those affected by online grooming are at the centre of the project.
- A representative from the Safe Online team (https://www.end-violence.org/safe-online)
- Welsh Government Deputy Minister for Social Services - Julie Morgan MS
- Professor Lelia Green, Edith Cowen University
- Joe Higgins, CEO, Sleeping Giant – Story-telling through Animation
- Tink Palmer OBE - Consultant and Online Child Sexual Abuse and Exploitation expert
- Members of the Lived Experience Expert Group including our own Victim and Survivor Advocate, Rhiannon-Faye McDonald
This is a hybrid event, with attendees being invited to attend in person at Swansea University (all day) or online (AM session only).
MCF are excited to be a part of this project and Vicki (CEO) and Rhiannon both look forward to seeing you there.