Subject Matter Expert - Job Vacancy
September 02, 2019
The MCF is a dynamic and influential charity working with police, children’s services, education, health, NGO personnel and Government to better protect children who have been abused online and to support them and their families on their road to recovery. Due to our continued growth we have an exciting opportunity for a Subject Matter Expert to join our team.
|Subject Matter Expert|
|MCF’s offices are in Masham – location for this post is flexible|
This is a full-time position (37.5 hours a week) carried out during normal office hours from the MCF office. However, the pattern of hours may vary according to operational needs and travel requirement where appropriate.
Permanent after probationary period (3 months). In addition to two satisfactory references, the post requires a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
27 days per annum plus statutory holidays
27th September 2019
Interview date and information
9th October 2019 - in addition to a formal interview you will be asked to deliver a short presentation of no longer than 10 minutes.
- Fulfil an ambassadorial function in relation to MCF’s work to support victims of online sexual abuse, and their families, to recover and go on to live safe and fulfilling lives
- Help educate professionals, practitioners and parents on the impact of online abuse
- Help deliver training by drawing on personal experience and knowledge
- Represent the needs of children and young people and be a ‘voice for victims’
- Speak and present on behalf of MCF at conferences and other professional events, including internationally when appropriate
- Support the current and future campaigns by adding authenticity to the campaign through knowledge and experience
- Review and help inform the development of assets in relation to our campaigning and awareness raising activities
- Take part in appropriate media opportunities and increase understanding of CSAE among the media through personal experience
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & PERSONAL QUALITIES:
- Experience of using websites, apps and messaging services
- Experience of public speaking
- Experience of working with Microsoft Office
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good team player
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Degree or relevant qualifications
For further information, informal discussion or to request an application form please e-mail email@example.com or telephone 01765 688827.
All applications must be made by completing an application form, CVs will not be accepted.
The Marie Collins Foundation is an equal opportunities employer.